Thursday, February 24, 2011

Baguio Flower Festival


"Under the Sunflower"


"Electric Sayote"


Sunflower


Sunflower Shade


"Dead and Alive"


"Porcupine"




"She still isnt there..."




Yo!

Its February 24, two more days before the two grand parades of the city. Well for those who do not know the Flower Festival started last February 1st and its going to last up to March 6. Yup its not just two days like most of you know.

There was an opening parade last February 1, then lots of activities around the city after that. Most people know about the Street dance parade and parade of floats, so you missed a lot actually. People think the parades are the highlights of the festival but i would beg to disagree. I like the Session Road in Bloom much better. This year its going to happen on February 28 up to March 6.

So in line with the Flower Festival i will be posting some pictures. Please do take note i am just a beginner and i am not using a DSLR. I only have a GE X5 camera.

I waited last night for the moon, my tripod was ready but it was just too cold to stay outside for a long time. I gave up waiting for the moon around 10PM.

This morning around eight, the moon was there. The sky was so clear and the sun was shining brightly. So odd taking pictures of the moon at daylight ahaha but i did. Then my Energizer batteries drained, wow i cant believe it lasted a whole week.

I charged my new batteries last week, Wednesday to be exact in preparation of my trip to La Union. I brought along spare batteries just in case but my new batteries survived the whole La Union trip. Now that is Energizer for you. Its only 2300 mAh by the way. I saw an advertisement about Akira batteries, 2800 mAh and it says it can last 600 shots. Psst my energizer batteries gave me 700 solid shots with excessive use of the flash because of that moon photoshoot ahahaha.

So i will be posting of my daylight moon shots. I strolled around the neighborhood and i finally took a shot of a "Porcupine"! Now i can make that video story that i have been planning. And yes the famous Sunflower i did manage to take several shots too.

And there is one more....i present to you the Electric Sayote ahahahaha.

I managed to make a Flickr account and here it is


Until next time...

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment