Sunday, January 2, 2011

Blog!

Wikipedia says:

A blog (a blend of the term web log) is a type of website or part of a website. Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. Blog can also be used as a verb, meaningto maintain or add content to a blog.

Most blogs are interactive, allowing visitors to leave comments and even message each other via widgets on the blogs and it is this interactivity that distinguishes them from other static websites.

Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs,


I always thought it was a sound. Blog! Oh there goes the big dictionary on the shelf falling down on his head...Blog! And yes there he is sprawled on the floor all dizzy. Of course i did not include the unwanted vocabulary after the dictionary hit his head and more of that when he slowly rises up.


Anyway moving on, I am currently enjoying my vacation. The past few days made me ponder on so many things. Maybe writing is not for me after all. I thought it could serve as my new career but no matter how many stories I still have inside my head, I guess the majority would like it for free.


I have noticed lots of avatars containing people holding their DSLR cameras and taking a photo of themselves. Its either they are bragging that they have a DSLR or that is the only good picture they can take with their expensive camera.


Anyway I too have decided to take up photography. Oh trust me not the one with Photoshop enhancing afterwards. Start from the basics...again! Yeah because years ago we were only limited to 36 shots and every shot counts or else...go figure!


Nowadays, point...shoot...Photoshop! LOL! That aint photography. I do believe its an art, you have to learn the basics and not just shelve out a huge amount of money and strap that expensive DSLR around your neck. And when you take a shot you dont even know how to use it LMAO!


I saw a good "bridge camera", yeah thats what they call it. The GE X5, looks like a DSLR camera but it isnt. What the heck do i know? I didnt even know GE had cameras. I thought they made refrigirators. And the funny part is that the GE X5 comes in two colors, black and white.


Imagine if i did buy the white one...its like strapping a refrigirator around my neck. So i still have not bought it, still choosing the best starter kit. The GE X5 does sell for less than 10k mind you and it has 14 megapixels and a mean 15x optical zoom.


I did see some reviews and oh yes they do have a Pinoy GE X5 Enthusiasts page with 700 plus members. Oh that means a lot are using it already so it makes the decision making simpler. I wonder if GE would give that camera to me for free? Of course not! If you want something go and buy it LOL! Or wait for your friends to give it to you LMAO!


So why a bridge camera? Why not get a DSLR at once? Because i want to learn and get the hang of "REAL" photgraphy before i go DSLR. I still need to learn the aperture, shutter and ISO stuff before i go DSLR. Why would I get an expensive DSLR when in the end i dont have the eye for photography? So what if i got myself a 150k camera and i take crap pictures? It would be better having a decent bridge camera and work myself up. Besides i am doing this only during my free time.


So how desperate am i to learn? Oh i will be buying the camera soon along with a book from National Bookstore, forgot the name, Total Digital Photography i think by a guy names George something. So sorry, i just heard some pros talk about it. And no i wont be installing Photoshop LOL.


How the hell am i going to learn if i have Photoshop to rely on? And yes i wont even take a photo of myself using the camera and posting it as my avatar or profile picture.


So for 2011, its going to be commissioned works to pay the bills and on my free time its learning photography (non Photoshop) and ranting on this blog too.


Last days of my vacation and i already booked six commissioned works, four vacant slots left. (This is my limit, 10 Comm works) Tomorrow will be keyboard bashing day again to start one comm work which is due by the weekend.


Already lazy encoding ebooks. Waste of time. Better focus on comm works thus forcing me to add to the comm works menu list all of my non encoded and unwritten stories. Its practicality and common sense.


I have this itch...i wanna learn the saxophone too. I used to play the flute...yes that was early 2008 then sh*t happened so i started writing.


So Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment