Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lazy Saturday

Woke up at 4am...freezing cold!

Turn...pull the blanket and wear the bonnet...sleep again. Woke up at six, it was still freezing cold. Several turns and i couldnt get my sleep back. Turned on Mini Moni, yes my laptops do have names ahahaha. E paki niyo ba kasi nyahahaha.

Anyway, i immediately found the first season of my favorite series. Oh yes this is where Elisha Cuthbert became famous. Amazingly there were 24 links of 130MB each, MKV format. I piled them up in my IDM and began downloading.

I did some math on my head, the total size of all the files would amount to 3GB. Geez, with my old connection that would take me one a a half day. With my new connection I was done when Eat Bulaga started. I'm not bragging but I am just happy. But i guess in other countries they would have finished earlier. Saw some friends in a forum who boast their connections. Oh yeah i do drool with their 15Mbps download speeds.

Fiber Optic lines! That is what they use. A good investment for their internet providers. Here we still use Copper Wire lines ahahaha. My brain seems to be working fine still, i can still explain the history of the telephone, the dial up internet and even the transition to ADSL ahahaha. Well when i graduated from school, dial up internet was still the IN thing. And our thesis was about ADSL, broadband internet....memory lane....

Its quite difficult being an ECE person. Whenever there is a new tech thing out there you dont simply ride on the band wagon to get one. You immediately look for the specifications ahahaha.

I do remember there was this Asus EEE craze years back. Oh a lot of people were fooled by the small netbook. It was even cheap i do remember. That item was selling like hotcakes. For me i immediately looked for the specs and laughed out loud.

Yeah it was small, it was light, it had Wireless Fidelity (Wi-fi) and it had a decent processor to do office and school stuff. What made me laugh was the memory. Imagine a netbook with a hard drive that is a memory card LOL! That time 4GB was the standard memory card.

Just as expected a lot of people were selling their units for less. LUGI MUCH!!!

That is why last January 2010, my uncle said he had an extra notebook. Before he even rode the plane i already asked for it. When they arrived here at the Philippines my dad went to pick them up. He saw the netbook and wanted it. So we talked over the phone and i asked what Brand? He said it was an Asus EEE. I laughed and said it was yours. He asked my why i was laughing and i said it was not nice.

He came home to Baguio and gave me the netbook. My dad trusts me so much and i guess he didnt want the netbook after my laugh. I didnt even want to touch it but it was so cute that i had to get my hands on it.

Turned it on and i was amazed to see windows XP load. A quick system check and i was shocked to see it had two partitions of 70GB each. "What the hell is going on here?" i asked ahahaha. RAM size, 2GB...am i dreaming. Quick internet check and oh wow i was so wrong.

My bad! Everytime i head Asus EEE, i turn away but i was so wrong. They did major upgrades to their cute netbook. It had a decent Atom processor, the hard drive was even SSD. This cute machine was MINE! ahahahaha.

And then there was the I-pad. Spec check....1Ghz processor...memory...32GB...all yours!!! Hahahaha. A little common sense people, 50k pesos for that machine or a decent netbook or even notebook?

There is a netbook worth 11k, it has 160GB hard drive, more than 1Ghz processor, 2GB RAM...you save 39k and you can do more stuff! Its even portable, so what if i cant finger the screen? I can do more, save more with that cheap netbook.

What they dont know is that the I-pad was created to rival the Kindle, an ebook reader. So it was Apple's ebook reader that could do more. The cheap netbook can read ebooks too you know ahahaha.

My Sony K800i is ready to retire. I hate being an ECE at moments like this. For several months i cant decide what to get. Definitely I am getting an Android OS phone...the BADA OS seems tempting but the Android has more free applications.

I-phone? Yeah right! ahahaha.

So what am i looking for anyway? I need a decent processor, 600Mhz to 800Mhz would do fine...1Ghz is more tempting but those phones come with a 30k price tag.

"Pati ba naman phone may processor?" they ask. Syempre! "E ano naman difference kasi pag mabilis processor?" hirit nila. Shungak mag testing ka ng mga touch screen, pag mag shift ka ng page at nakita mo may lag meaning mabagal ang processor. Pag walang lag, ay maganda at mabilis processor niyan. Thats the easiest way to explain trust me. If i explain technically wala na... ahahaha

Wi-fi capable dapat! Kasi may router sa bahay, pag tamad bumangon mag net nalang sa phone ng libre! Pag may Hot spots sa mall or sa kahit saan libre net pa.

Camera? Basta ayos at nakakakuha ng picture okay na. Kasi kukuha din lang ako ng Bridge Camera ko.

So why cant i choose yet? Kasi karamihan Android 1.6 up to 2.1 lang. Gusto ko Froyo (2.2) or 2.3 na para ayos...but wait theres more! Google announces Android 3! CRAP!!! Hahahaha.

Dibale matagal pa konti ang Android 3, so it must be 2.2 ready because for sure a 2.3 update will be available.

Bakit kasi importante pa ang version? Kasi sa 2.2 pwede ka na magsave ng apps sa memory card. At syempre the higher the version the smoother the operating system. The good thing in being hesistant is that the prices go down in time ahahaha.

I can go for an LG Optimus One, it has Android 2.2, 600Mhz processor and it costs 12k only

I can opt for HTC Wildfire, same specs with LG but its 14k i think

There is the Samsung Spica, same specs with those stated above, the price almost the same as the two.

Or we can go cute ahahaha, Sony X10 mini....really decent camera but Android 1.6 lang ahahaha...still waiting if they have a 2.2 update. If they do then this might be the one since i have been a Sony fan eversince.

Or i can shelve out more money to have the HTC Desire...oh i dont need the HD capabilities.

Or the Samsung Galaxy S....now this is the PHONE! Trust me this is better than the I-phone.

Pag makunat ka may Cherry Mobile naman na Touchscreen, may 1Ghz snap dragon processor pa at Android 2.2 siya ahahaha. And trust me its cheap. Will i go for this phone? Ahahaha! Nuff said.

Acer Ferrari? 29k? Bwahahaha bakit ko bibilhin yung pangalan? Katumbas lang niya yung Optimus One. Maganda lang tignan yung Acer Ferrari. Pag pasikat ka e di go ahahaha. Mag practice ka narin tumakbo at mabibilis ang mga snatcher.

So ano kukunin mo?

I have no idea. Bihira ko naman gamitin CP ko nyahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment